As the Krispy Kreme Challenge nears, I can’t help but think if there’s other great ways to combine donuts and physical challenges. Immediately, my mind went to Jiu-Jitsu. I call what I am about to lay out: The Donut Roll.
The Donut Roll is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Donut eating submission challenge.
- Each round is 5 minutes with a one minute rest period.
- During each rest period, each competitor will consume 1 donut.
- The only way to be eliminated is by submission only.
- Submission is either a legitimate submission hold (arm bar, choke, etc.) or inability to continue the 5 minute round (this gives knee-on-belly true submission potential).
- Should a competitor submit their opponent, they are allowed to sit out the remainder of the round (there will still be a donut consumed during the 1 minute rest period).
- Every round will be with a different opponent from the last.
- Each donut must be consumed before stepping on the mat.
- Failure to finish a donut before the start of the round will be considered a submission.
If you have more rule suggestions, I’d love to hear them.
This thing could be a lot of fun, but the potential mess would probably prevent